Counseling Programs

Important Note Regarding Licensure

M.A. Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling Specialization

The M.A. in Counseling program complies with the requirements of the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (sections 4999.32 and 4999.40(a) for Professional Clinical Counseling). As different states have different licensing requirements, faculty work with students from the very beginning of their counseling degree to help them understand the license requirements in the state where they want to practice. Any course a student wishes to take to satisfy a licensing requirement in their state should be discussed with the Financial Aid Office prior to registering for the course. Saybrook University does not have an on-site practicum or internship program. Students locate appropriate practicum and internships and supervision in their geographic area, working in conjunction with Saybrook’s faculty and the Director of Clinical Training.

Learn More